How to be Safe from RANSOMWARE Explained
Be Safe from RANSOMWARE
WHAT IS RANSOMWARE?
In one word it’s a computer malware, It takes control of your computer by encrypting or locking the desktop. You feel like your hand is close and someone else takes control of your computer. This malware come from the internet like mail attachment or website,
In this case victim’s see some ransom note like “your computer is lock give 500$ to unlock” or “your computer has illegal items have to pay fine”.
Victims usually embarrassed they ask for help, and give their money.
NOTE nowadays many people use smartphones & it’s a great chance to make money so they trying to lock smartphone and tablet and also encrypt there file for money.
ARE YOU INFECTED BY RANSOMWARE?
Don’t panic 1st of all you need to know Police or Law never lock or encrypt your data over the internet. So do not pay them money, If you pay there no guarantee to unlock your computer or phone because you can’t catch there you even don’t know where they are, It’s possible to take money without unlocking your computer, and also your pay make them stronger. So don’t pay.
HOW TO PROTECTED FROM RANSOMWARE
- Update your computer regularly make sure your security patch latest.
- Backup your important data file to external storage or cloud storage, Buy an external hard disk and use it only when you want to backup or restore your data.(NOTE- do not plug your external HDD all the time)
- Most important Install a good Anti Virus or Anti Malware, not the cheap one.
- Do not download the .exe file from unknown source or mail. Uncheck the hide extraction option.
- Use Apps store only for downloading apps do not download from the unfamiliar site.
- Install a good security software.
- backup your documents to cloud or external storage.
[IF YOU THINK YOU ARE IN ATTACK PLUG OFF YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION AND RE-START YOUR DEVICE.]
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE