8 Way To Improve Battery Life Of Your Windows 10 Laptop
Know how you improve Windows 10 installed laptop or battery-operated computer’ battery life. If your maximum usage of your computer/laptop is outdoor, and you have an issue with battery life, we also know finding a reliable power plug is a little difficult thing. Here are ways for you, use them and boost battery life very easily in windows 10, so you don’t need to find a power outlet outside. And don’t expect too much deference, It can give you a little bit of extra time on your existing battery. For a huge change, I suggest buying a power bank for your laptop.
Improve Battery Life Of Your Windows 10 Laptop
DISABLE UI ANIMATIONS AND SHADOWS
Animations and shadows use the excess battery power, and you know that the Windows 10 UI includes many shadows and animations to make it fresh and fashionable. You turn off it to save battery power the way is in the below.
- Firstly to open the System properties, right-click on “This Pc“ go-to “Properties“ now click on “Advance System Settings“.
- Next, move to the “Advanced“ tab click the “Settings“ button under the “Performance“ section.
- Select the “Adjust for best performance“ option and click OK for disabling all the shadows and animations.
TURN OFF WIRELESS SIGNALS
Bluetooth, WiFi, Mobile network, these wireless signals actually use a huge battery power because they need dedicated hardware components. For running continuously, as a solution of this problem you can connect to the internet by using the ethernet cable, and if a device is running on Bluetooth move for its wire-based option (instance, switch from wireless headphones to the wired ones), It will save a little bit of battery.
Read Also: How To Secure Your Laptop Or PC From Thieves
DISABLE BACKGROUND APPS
To keep the information updated, the Windows 10 native apps run in the background, but this process consumes extra battery power. Windows 10 provides a dedicated section to disable/enable these background apps, follow and do the following process.
- Go to the “Start Menu“, click on the “Settings“ and again go to “Privacy“.
- Next, go to the “Background Apps“ section, then you will see all the background apps in the right panel, there “Switch off“ the ones you don’t require.
MANAGE STARTUP APPS AND SERVICES WINDOWS 10
Disable the insignificant startup apps and services by the following ways to reduce the using excess battery power of your PC.
A. Disable startup apps
- To open the “Task Manager“ press ‘ctrl‘ + ‘shift‘ + ‘Esc‘ keys and move to the “Startup“ tab.
- After that, select all the unnecessary startup apps and click on “Disable“ for stoping them.
B. Disable startup services
- Press ‘Windows’ + ‘R’ keys and in the ‘Run’ dialog type “msconfig“ to open “System configurations“ window.
- Go to the “Services“ tab there and uncheck the option “Hide all Microsoft services“ at the bottom-left corner.
- Thereafter, you will see all startup services, just uncheck the ones you don’t require and click on ‘OK‘ to apply changes. To take effect, a PC restart will be needed.
TURN OFF SOME OF THE CPU PROCESSORS
For saving battery power you can disable some of the CPU cores, for example, if you a 5 core PC and you normally play some media files and browse the web then turning off 2 cores may not disturb your work, know how you do that by the following points.
- Press ‘Windows‘ + ‘R‘ keys and type “msconfig“ in the ‘Run’ dialog to open the ‘System configuration‘ window.
- Then, go to the “Boot“ tab and click on the ‘Advanced options‘ when your current OS is selected.
- There, to select the number of processors you need, check the checkbox next to ‘Number of processors‘ and use the drop-down menu, must know that PC restart will be required for the changes to take effect.
PREVENT YOUR PC FROM HEATING
Nowadays Lithium-ion batteries are used in most laptop PCs, which eject faster when heated as ions flow faster thus battery will use up faster. Heating can make many problems in PC, battery draining faster is one big problem of them, if your PC has the same problem, you must fix this. Use a laptop cooling pad and put your laptop on a flat solid surface to better airflow.
CHECK ISSUES WITH BATTERY DRAINAGE
By using command prompt command you can see information about apps and processes that might be utilized too much power along with recommendations about settings for increasing windows 10 battery life. Know how you will do this.
- Just right-click on the ‘Start Menu‘ button and select ‘Command Prompt (Admin)‘.
- Next, enter the command, “powercfg /energy“, and press enter, the command will monitor your PC usage for 60 seconds.
- Thereafter the 60 seconds will generate a list of errors and warnings and save it in your PC in as the ‘.html‘ format. The location of the file is provided at the end move this to access the report.
USING A THIRD-PARTY BATTERY LIFE OPTIMIZATION APP WINDOWS 10
Some third-party battery assistants are very powerful they provide real-time battery monitoring and Windows built-in battery optimization tools are also good enough, but you do not ignore the Battery Optimizer’s feature, which increases overall battery life.
Firstly, the app will ask your permission to scan your PC to create a detailed report of what can be improved, and thereafter you can see a customized list of features and hardware components that you can enable or disable to increase battery time. That shows total battery time you may get when you will accept a recommendation.
This also helps you by monitoring your battery usage to offer more insight, it lets you see the battery charging and discharging pattern and alert you at the time when battery flows very fast thane normal.
So here is the end of the list improving windows 10 laptop’s battery life, hope it helps you. If you have any comment please let us know in the comment section and don’t forget to share with your friends.