Nintendo Switch vs Xbox One | Is The New hybrid Gaming Console Best?
Nintendo Switch vs Xbox One
The Nintendo Switch, as a “hybrid console“, it deliver a form of play which is similar to its competitors, named as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Switch may consider as first Nintendo console that competes with Sony and Microsoft, in some particular generation. The differences, similarities, other features and specifications of the Xbox One and Nintendo Switch are mentioned here. If you want to buy a console and, you totally new to the console market and want for the best, then this can help you to take the right decision. So, take a look at these and chose your’s console between Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
SPECIFICATIONS OF NINTENDO SWITCH, XBOX ONE, AND XBOX ONE X
1. A. DESIGN AND FEATURES: The Nintendo Switch’s dimensions (with Joy-Cons attached) are 4 x 9.4 x .55 inches. It comes in two color options and these colors are primarily black. The color of the Joy-Con controllers which came with the device is the only difference from model to model, these two standard models come with a pair of gray Joy-Cons, and mismatched neon red and neon blue Joy-Cons.
You can not use the Nintendo Switch as a media player and it also can not play DVDs or Blu-rays because it does not support any disc drive. On the other hand, the Xbox One has is able to use Blu-ray discs, and it can play DVDs and Blu-ray films. The Nintendo Switch comes with Joy-Con controllers, portable unit, a dock, and Joy-Con grip and straps. So, there are not so many reasons to spend time with Nintendo Switch. In Switch, if players expect some features that are standard in recent generations, are not yet available in Switch.
The Nintendo Switch has the 6.3-inch capacitive touchscreen display slides into the included dock. The Nintendo Switch and Xbox One both are completely different machines because the Xbox One weights 7.8 pounds, (6.4 pounds Xbox One S), but the Nintendo Switch weights too light than the Xbox One, the Nintendo Switch weights 0.65 pounds, and 0.88 pounds with Joy-Cons attached and it also takes small space as compared to Xbox One. So, in terms of space and weight, the Nintendo Switch is good at all.
The Xbox One X has 11.8 x 9.4 x 2.4 inches dimensions and the Xbox One and Xbox One S has 13.1 x 10.8 x 3.1 inches and 11.6 x 9.0 x 2.5 inches dimensions, respectively. The Xbox One looks like as a traditional gaming console, and Xbox One, One S, and One X are sold respectively in white and black models and on some model there is a mix of glossy and matte finishes. The Xbox One has streaming services apps which include Amazon, HBO Go, Hulu, and Netflix, but the Nintendo Switch has only a streaming service app, that is, Hulu.
B. What You Will Need While You Will Online With The Nintendo Switch, And Xbox One?
You will need an Xbox Live membership for the Xbox One to play multiplayer games, that costs $60 Annually and it will offer you to access two free games a month with the Gold program of Xbox games and with an active subscription, this can be played indefinitely. Currently, the Nintendo Switch has free online services, but Nintendo will put online multiplayer support for paid service, called Nintendo Switch Online, which launches in fall 2018 and it will cost $20 per year. A vault of retro games which originally launched on the NES and SNES will also be accessed by Switch subscribers.
C. Network Connectivity: The Xbox One and Nintendo Switch both support the Wi-Fi, that includes 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, the Xbox One supports onboard Ethernet and the Switch need for an additional accessory to plug in an Ethernet cable. For online gaming, the Xbox Live has voice chat, social elements to connect with friends, and party systems, the Switch in-game chat needs a dedicated mobile app. These above services are the strong version, far less in the Nintendo Switch console.
D. Battery: The Xbox One controllers can offer you up to 40 hours of battery life with a pair of AA batteries and with Microsoft’s rechargeable battery, you will get 30 hours of battery life. On Nintendo Switch, you can get between 2.5 and 6 hours of battery life. With some demanding games, for example, The Legend of Zelda, Breath of The Wild, it will give you 3 hours (roughly) of running capacity for a full charge. The Nintendo Switch has Lithium-ion 4310mAh battery and it charged via USB Type-C. For a single charge, the Joy-Con controllers can give you 20 hours of battery life.
NINTENDO SWITCH, XBOX ONE, AND XBOX ONE X COMPARISON
Xbox One X
|Dimensions||4 x 9.4 x .55 inches (with Joy-Cons attached)||13.1 x 10.8 x 3.1 inches (Xbox One) 11.6 x 9.0 x 2.5 inches (Xbox One S)||11.8 x 9.4 x 2.4 inches|
|Weight||0.65 pounds (0.88 pounds with Joy-Cons attached)||7.8 pounds (Xbox One) 6.4 pounds (Xbox One S)||8.4 pounds|
|CPU||Nvidia customized Tegra processor||1.75GHz 8-core AMD Jaguar||2.3GHz 8-core AMD Custom CPU|
|GPU||Nvidia customized Tegra processor||853MHz AMD Radeon GCN (Xbox One) 914MHz AMD Radeon GCN (Xbox One S)||1.172GHz AMD Custom GPU|
|RAM||4GB||8GB DDR3||12GB GDDR5|
|Resolution||1280 x 720 (portable) 1920 x 1080 (console)||1920 x 1080 (Xbox One), upscaled to 4K (Xbox One S)||Native 4K|
|Storage||32GB flash storage (expandable via micro SDHC or microSDXC)||500GB-2TB HDD||1TB HDD|
|Ports||USB Type-C, headphone||USB 3.0 x3||USB 3.0 x3|
|Connectivity||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Ethernet||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Ethernet|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, gyroscope, brightness, IR Sensor||No (Xbox One), IR Blaster (Xbox One S)||IR Blaster|
|Screen||6.3-inch capacitive touchscreen||N/A||N/A|
|Battery life||2.5 to 6 hours||N/A||N/A|
2. PERFORMANCE: The Switch arranged with a custom Nvidia Tegra chipset. It is at least 1 TFLOP, the exact processing power not known yet. Reportedly, the Switch may come with 4Gb of RAM though the exact figure and type are unknown totally, the Switch will easily consider as Nintendo’s most powerful handheld play and versatile handheld experience if the console maintains these above level of power. Similarly, if we take a look at Xbox One’s performance we can see, the Xbox One promote 1.31 TFLOPS of power, and in Xbox One S it increased to 1.4 TFLOPS. The Xbox One S and Xbox One both models have identical 8-core AMD Jaguar CPUs and 8 GB of DDR3 RAM. In terms of performance, both Switch and Xbox One performed good but still, it also needs to know about Switch’ exact power. There is no doubt that the Xbox One is secured as a higher-performing machine for Microsoft’s lineup. The Xbox One X increases its power to a 6TFLOPS of performance, probably, it is the most powerful home console in current time, it has 12GB of DDR5 RAM and a 2.3 GHz 8-core AMD custom Jaguar GPU.
3. RESOLUTION: As a console-handheld hybrid, the Nintendo Switch offers two different display resolution, in console mode games max out at 1080p and on other hands, the portable display is capped at 720p. You can get higher resolution in Xbox One S and on Xbox One X than Nintendo Switch. The Switch’s games are looks so good and they are optimized for the platform. The Xbox One S upscaled at 1080p and content to 4K and it supports HDR. It will offer you some streaming media. The Xbox One can display at 1080p resolution. There is an important thing which you need to know that is, the majority of Xbox One games run in 1080p but always they, not native 1080p, and some of the titles also displayed in 900p. Some titles hold steady at 60 frames per second and some runs at 30fps.
4. STORAGE: The Xbox One X is available only with 1TB that can handle every Xbox One game, physical or digital you just need to install them and it can also offer you endless amounts of storage. While every game has their own sizes, but many of the big game that releases each year requires more than 30GB to 50GB of space. The Xbox One S support 1 TB hard drive model and it also comes in 2TB hard drive model. The Xbox One supports 500GB hard drive model and you can expand the Xbox One storage up to 256GB with the help of hard drives. An additional terabyte costs around $50 and you can get 5TB for only $ 125, these are possible because over the past few years the external drives prices were dropped steadily. Not only one external drive can install in Xbox One. Xbox One users can install two external drives in per console. The Xbox One now offers high internal storage and relatively cheap external options, so it will be a big thing to see that what storage options will be offered by the Nintendo Switch.
5. CONTROLLERS: Switch allows players to control games in many different ways, users can play Switch games in a traditional console format with the Joy-Cons attached to the included Joy-Con grip and the console docked. You can also use the Joy-Cons for refined motion gaming in console mode because it supports built-in accelerometers, an HD Rumble feature, and gyroscopes. An IR sensor included in the right Joy-Con that allows the motion to be picked up without needing to be directed at your television screen and the Switch can be played on the go when the Joy-Cons are attached to the main unit. The unit can be propped up via a kickstand on the back for tabletop mode, and its capacitive touchscreen registers multiple finger presses at one time. The Xbox One gamepad, a traditional controller, that used most in Xbox One games and since the original Xbox the Microsoft has made some changes. The controller options of Switch will be a big option for you and on another side, Xbox One controller is comfortable to for hold and it works also good and the Xbox One’s gamepad may be the best single controller. The Switch also works very well, so, you can easily choose.
6. PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: In the United States, the Xbox One S comes paired with one of a wide variety of games and Xbox One S bundles price start at $250(around). Microsoft launch multiple special-edition consoles bundled with a new game, for each year, and in recent special-edition they launched, Battlefield 1, Halo Wars, and Gears of War 4. The Xbox One X will set you back with costly value, at $ 500. The Nintendo Switch priced at $ 300, it bundled with Nintendo titles, like as, Pokken Tournament DX, or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Ledgent of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The Switch offers you both handheld experience and home console. The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is available through retailers such as GameStop. There is not much discount on purchasing these items individually.
7. CONTENT: The Xbox One offers you so many great exclusives, you can choose your’s between, Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead, Forza Horizon 3, Halo 5: Guardians, and Ori and the Blind Forest. The console can give you benefits from a large swath of third-party titles and also you can play some games from Xbox 360 games. You will get more exclusives in later 2018, for example, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3. In terms of content, the Nintendo Switch is not comparable with Xbox One, in the first year the Switch offers some fantastic titles like as, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. The Switch also offers some exclusive, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and many more games you can get. The Switch started collecting ports of recent AAA titles like FIFA 18 and an upcoming version of Wolfenstein II and the Switch also collecting a fantastic assortment of indie titles from Celeste to Rocket League and Stardew Valley and Shovel Knight. The Xbox One gets the edge because of it nearly of the AAA releases which go to PS4 and PC. The Switch still skips it, in addition to Microsoft’s great support for indies with the ID@Xbox program, the growing cross-play functionality between Xbox and Windows PCs.
The Nintendo has not launched a Virtual Console for the Switch, the Virtual Console may launch in this month as per the Switch’s official online service.
Thanks For Stay With Us SUBSCRIBE & SHARE