Google Drive Password Protection Works In PDF Files
If you are a PDF user, it would be very helpful for you to know some important tricks, information, and skills. That’s why this article is here for you. I assure you, some essential skills you will know after reading it fully. The working process of PDF toolbox, password protection, unlocking files, etc, types of information are waiting for you. Start exploring these skills and do your works in smart, easy, and efficient ways.
Password Protect PDF In Google Drive
- KNOW THE WORKING PROCESS OF PDF TOOLBOX WORKS: In Google Drive, for all files, there are export links that help to download the files in PDF format. Naturally, Google Drive uses the export URL to pick up the PDF version of a file in Google Cloud Storage. The PDF Library encrypts/ decrypts the file and uploads the processed file to Google Drive.
Very quickly, after the exportation of PDF files, all downloaded files removed from the cloud storage.
- PROTECT PDF FILES BY PASSWORDS:
You can protect PDF files by password, to do that follow the following points.
- Firstly, install the PDF toolbox add-on and give permission to the necessary authorization.
- Next, which file you would want to encrypt/ decrypt you choose and thus the app will get access to that file. There is another option also, you can send an encrypted file as an email attachment to other users.
- After that, you have to choose any PDF file or Google document in your Google Drive and then, expand the ‘Encrypt PDF’ section.
- Thereafter, enter the output file name that would also save in your Google Drive, next, put a password and define the encrypted file should allow printing and comments or not?
- To create a new PDF file that will need a password to open, click the ‘Encrypt’ button.
Read Also: List 10 Best Free PDF Apps For Smartphone
MUST KNOW: PDF FILES, SPREADSHEET, PRESENTATIONS, AND GOOGLE DOCUMENTS, THESE ALL ARE SECURED BY THE GOOGLE DRIVE APP. FOR THE LOCAL GOOGLE DOCUMENTS, THE APP FIRST CONVERT FILE TO A PDF DOCUMENT AND NEXT WITH SPECIFIED PASSWORD, THAT WILL BE ENCRYPTED. A THING I MUST SAY YOU THAT, THE ‘GOOGLE DRIVE API’ FORCE TO MAINTAIN A LIMIT ON SIZE. THE SIZE LIMIT IS 10 MB ON PDF FILES EXPORTED FROM LOCAL GOOGLE DOCUMENTS AND ALSO ON TOOLBOX THE SAME LIMITATIONS WILL BE APPLIED.
- UNLOCK PDF FILES: By using the PDF toolbox you can erase the password protection if in your Google Drive you had already provided a password-protection in PDF.
A new copy of the PDF file in your Drive will be created which will not need a password. The process is mentioned below:
- At first, select a locked PDF in Google Drive and open the PDF toolbox app in the sidebar.
- Next, expand the ‘Decrypt PDF’ section and type the password which was used originally to restrict access to the PDF files.
- Then, click the ‘Decrypt’ button and see if the password matches all restrictions that would be removed from the file.
- Finally, the password-free unlocked PDF file would be uploaded as a separate file to Google Drive.
Don’t Forget To Subscribe To Our Newsletter…..