Screen Capture Keyboard Shortcuts (Windows & Mac)
Screen Capture Keyboard Shortcuts
Almost every smart device users like as smartphone users, PC users etc, usually need for the screenshot for so many reasons. Many times taking a screenshot and sharing it are very important and also helpful for us in some particular things.
for example, if you will want to give a tutorial guidance on a process to someone, you can take help of a screenshot for this, and also if you will want to discuss something with your team member, then be taking a screenshot will be best for it.
If you want to take and share screenshots very quickly, the best option is to use the keyboard shortcuts for this. Here’s we discuss the easy way to take screenshot or print screen through keyboard shortcuts for Windows and macOS. So, let’s take a look.
Print Screen Or Screen Capture Keyboard Shortcuts
1. Windows Screen Capture Keyboard Shortcuts – Without the help of third-party software you can easily take the screenshot of the entire screen or the active screen in windows. The process is,
Hold the Alt key with the PrtScn key to capture only the active window screen. Through hitting the PrtScn key you can save the entire screen in Clipboard and paste it in text editors, I.e. MS Words or image editors for further actions.
2. macOS Screen Capture Keyboard Shortcuts – The macOS offers you so many options for screen capture like as, capture any pre-determined region, the entire screen, the touch ber and also an option for capture the active screen.
These 4 Way To Take Screenshots In macOS Are As Under:
A. TAKE SCREENSHOT OF THE ENTIRE SCREEN: To take a screenshot of the entire screen press Command+Shift+3, and which screenshot you will take, on your desktop, the screenshot will be saved.
B. TAKE SCREENSHOT OF A SPECIFIC REGION: To take a screenshot of a specific region, press the keys Command+Shift+4, your cursor will turn from arrow to crosshair then move and drag the crosshair cursor on the region you want to take the screenshot [ you can hold Shift or Option key while dragging to change how you make the selection]. The screenshot will save on your desktop.
C. TAKE SCREENSHOT OF A SPECIFIC WINDOW: If you want to take a screenshot of a specific window press Command+Shift+4 buttons and after that press, the Space key, then your cursor will turn from crosshair to camera icon and then you move your cursor to any window which you wish to take the screenshot and click once, and the screenshot will be saved on your desktop.
D. TAKE SCREENSHOT OF THE TOUCH BAR: To take the screenshot of Touch Bar on the newest MacBook Pro press Command +Shift+6, buttons.
3. HOW TO HOLD SCREENSHOT IN CLIPBOARD: To hold screenshots on the clipboard for using elsewhere, (you can use them for Photoshop) add the Control key to your keyboard shortcut, we mentioned it in the bellow at details,
This is how your new commands would look like:
- Control+Command+Shift+3, this captures entire screen and holds in the clipboard.
- Control+Command+Shift+4, this captures screen according to user selection and holds in the clipboard.
In all these 4 methods to take screenshots In macOS, which we mentioned above, your screenshot will save in the PNG format on your desktop by default and if you want to change the default location of your screenshot, then follow the process:
4. CHANGE SCREENSHOT DEFAULT SAVE LOCATION: The macOS allows you to save a large number of the screenshot in a specific folder at another location, for this:
Create a folder, name it anything, you may name it like “screenshot“,
then open Terminal and enter the following command.
defaults write com.apple.screencapture location
But then do not press the Enter. After that make sure your cursor is right after the “n” of the word “location” and then you press the Space for once.
Next, you have to drag the folder which you created, into Terminal and this will translate the folder’s path and it will be inserted after “location” word.
defaults write com.apple.screencapture location /Users/digitechind/Documents/Screenshots
Then press the Enter key and add the following command.
And then press the Enter key again for final, the method will complete.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE