How To Stay Safe And Secure On Instagram | 10 Easy Steps
Safe And Secure On Instagram
If you are an Instagram user and want to stay secure and safe on Instagram, then you must use some features which were introduced by them to secure your account. The popular photo-sharing app, Instagram, offers you many ways to stay safe and secure on it, here I mentioned them, so must take a look at this features:
10 Instagram Features To secure On Instagram
- CONTROL WHO SEES YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM: When you post your videos and pictures on Instagram, by default, anyone can easily see your videos and pictures, to solve this, you can set your account to private and interact with those people you actually know. The process is, go to Settings>Account Privacy and then toggle Private Account for on. You will have to approve new followers before they can see your photos or videos when your account is private. With a private account Google would not index any of your photos to Google image search, and in your private account only your approved followers will capable to find your posts through search, they can send you direct messages, and also can see which posts you have liked on Instagram.
- ENABLE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION: Hacker cannot access your account for this feature. If you get the problem from hacker or thing that someone hacking your account, then you must be setting up two-factor authentication. This two-factor authentication feature requires a second form of authentication after when you enter your password, for this reason, even if any hacker has your password cannot get access to your account. The process to set up two-factor authentication is mentioned here, go to Settings> Two-Factor Authentication and toggle Require Security Code to on it. This requires a code to enter which they sent to your phone for each time when you log in your account. Your phone number must be connected to your account to use this feature if your phone gets connectivity problems, it can not receive an SMS security code, then don’t panic, the backup codes may come there the process to get it is mentioned here, go to Settings> Two-Factor Authentication > Get Backup Codes. To log in you have to use one of the displayed codes.
- DISABLE ACTIVITY STATUS: A feature on Instagram allows people to see your active status. That means they can see when you are actively using the Instagram, simply look for a little green dot next to a friend’s picture in your direct message, when you are online you have to answer them but if you want to be left alone, do this to turn off it, go to the Settings> Activity Status.
- BLOCKING, MUTING, AND REMOVING FOLLOWERS: To manage your interactions with annoying people, you can choose the blocking, muting and removing followers options. To mute, go to Settings > Muted Accounts. To Block, Go to Settings > Blocked Accounts. If you set your account as the profile to private, then you can easily remove people from your follower’s list, to do this, go to your follower’s list > tap the three -dot icon > select the name you want to remove > then tap on Remove.
- REPORT ACCOUNTS: If you get inappropriate posts, or harassed by someone on Instagram, then you can report them on Instagram to stop these things. In two ways you can report the account’s profile, A. from a comment: swipe left on a comment and tap the exclamation point icon, B. through a story: tap the three-dot icon on the top right of an Instagram post or bottom right of a story. There is also another way that is, you can fill out a form report on Instagram’s website and when Instagram finds the account, comment, then the account will be suspended by the Instagram, in its terms of service.
- CONTROL COMMENTS AND STORIES: You have the power on Instagram to control and choose for who cannot interact with your videos and photos and who can interact with your videos and photos. If you get offensive comments on your post from someone then you can delete it, for this, click or swipe and hold the comment you wish to remove and tap the trash can icon and get rid of it. You can also, turn off commenting for a specific post, for this, tap the three-dot icon in the right-hand corner of your post and tap on Turn Off Commenting. There is also a further option available to block comments from specific accounts and set filters to hide offensive comments, specific phrases or words, for this, go to Settings > Comment Controls. To control who sees your stories and how they can interact with your stories, must go to Settings > Story Controls. You can also hide stories from specific accounts. You can edit who can privately message you or can turn your DMs off. At the bottom of the page, you can determine that your followers are allowed or not allowed to share your videos and photos.
- SECURE PAYMENT OPTIONS: The Instagram sells ads, and now it included the options to purchase things directly from the story or post. If you want to complete a purchase, you will need to hand over your credit card number, and if you choose to keep your credit card information on Instagram you should enable a pin to prevent unauthorized individuals by going on a shopping spree, go to Settings > Payments > tap the Security tab to enter a four-digit code. Each time when you decide to use your linked card information, then you will be required to enter this code.
- MANAGE PHOTOS OF YOU: In two ways your pictures can be seen by someone, A, pictures in which you have been tagged in, B, pictures that posted by you. Anyone can check out the pictures you have been tagged in if your account will open. You can control which pictures show up by untagging yourself or also remove pictures from your profile. To stop new photos of you being tagged, go to Settings > Photos of You > turn off the options to have new photos automatically added to your profile. You can tap on, Hide Photos to untag yourself from multiple photos at once. To untag, tap on the photo or go to the post and after that tap your username or select the three-dot icon and tap Photo Options. In the pop-up window, More Options > Remove Me From Post, you can also select whether or not you want that photo to show up in the tagged photos section in your profile.
- INSPECT ACCOUNTS: You will get the ability to know more information about accounts, in coming weeks. For this, navigate to their profile > tap the “…” menu button > select About this Account. After that, you will see on Instagram that when the user joined the platform, any ads they are running, what country the account is located in, or accounts with shared followers, and a history of username changes. Then you can report or block any defective account.
- REVOKE ACCESS TO THIRD-PARTY APPS: Some third-party services are connected to Instagram, for example, Instagreat, Webstagram, InstaView, Statigram, Cityowls, Gramfeed, InstaGallery, Flipboard, and Followgram etc. These services get indexed by the Google, that means, your pictures can show up in Google image searches, which is an easy and helpful way for hackers, they can easily get access to your account, so if you want to prevent them, must revoke access to third-party access from a desktop computer, to do this, click on the gear icon on your account profile and access the settings menu > click Authorized Apps. Then you can get the ability to revoke your unwanted service.
Stay Safe & SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE