Vivo V9 Things To Know Before You Buy
Vivo V9 Things To Know Before You Buy
Vivo V9 is a mid-range phone which will come with an iPhone X-like notch, dual rear cameras, a whopping 24-megapixel camera on the front, and the very latest Android Oreo software. The Vivo V9 will have some serious competition to tackle, but its iPhone-like design and capable cameras might just be enough to propel its stakes forward.
AVAILABILITY AND PRICE: Vivo V9 will be available for buying in Pearl Black, Champagne Gold, and Sapphire Blue color options. It will available in both offline and online from Flipkart and Amazon India from April 2 with pre-orders beginning from Friday itself at a price of Rs 22,990.
Before buying the Vivo V9, know the 9 key things about the phone:-
1. DESIGN: The design of the Vivo V9 seems inspired. Especially, from the front side, the Vivo V9 looks like Apple’s premium flagship iPhone X and the V9 also comes with a nearly edge-to-edge screen with a notch up- top, just like the iPhone X. The notch allows Vivo to offer a screen-to-body ratio of almost a 90 percent even though the V9 has a slight chin at the bottom, something that the iPhone X is lacking. Right now, this is the largest real estate that you can get from a phone in the mid-range segment.
2. NOTCH: The iPhone X ‘s notch onboard comes with dedicated hardware to enable Face ID, a form of recognition, that’s touted as fast and secure. The V9 also supports face unlock but it’s nothing like Face ID, and Vivo itself warns users it isn’t as secure as a fingerprint scanner.
It is the only phone in its price segment to offer a true iPhone X-like design, from the front as well as from the back.
3. SCREEN: The Vivo V9 comes with a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a full-HD+ resolution (2280×1080) and it has an unusually tall screen and an unusual aspect ratio of 19:9. The Vivo V9 does not ship with a protective coating like Corning Gorilla Glass. Vivo calls it Full View 2.0. The screen’s fairly bright and colorful, and also there’s a screen guard up-top.
4. BODY AND OTHER SPECIFICATIONS: The Vivo V9 has a plastic body. The weight of the phone is 150 gram and measuring just 7.89mm in thickness. The Vivo V9, although it’s good-looking and also quite handy and doesn’t feel solid in the hands. Vivo V9 has to be one of the lightest and the slimmest phones around. The phone has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and micro-USB for charging and data syncing. The V9 is a large phone on paper, but, pint-sized to hold and operate.
5. STORAGE AND PROCESSOR: The phone comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage which is further expandable by up to 256GB via a dedicated micro-SD card slot. .The Vivo V9 is powered by a 2.2Ghz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 processor.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, which is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor with up to 6GB of RAM, offers more power (and efficiency) at lower prices.
6. SOFTWARE: Vivo has skinned almost every aspect of Google’s Android so much so that it doesn’t even feel Android anymore — it feels more iOS-like in fact — at least they’ve done a good job at it since the phone runs mostly smooth as butter.
The Vivo V9 runs Android 8.1 Oreo-based Funtouch OS 4.0 which is Vivo’s custom skin.
7. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE(AI): The Vivo V9 comes with AI Face Access that’s touted to improve the accuracy of the face unlock feature, and AI Attention Sensing that can apparently recognize when the user is looking at the screen and reduces the volume of notifications accordingly. The V9 comes with AI Smart Engine to boost the phone’s performance over time through smart storage management and app launching based on user behavior.
8. BATTERY: The Vivo V9 is backed by a 3,260mAh battery and it doesn’t support fast charging.
9. CAMERA: The Vivo V9 comes with a dual camera system on the rear consisting of a primary 16-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture and a 5-megapixel secondary sensor with a f/2.4 aperture for depth sensing to enable portrait photos.The dual camera system further comes with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. It can even record 4K videos. On the front, the Vivo V9 comes with a 24-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture. The front camera can further record 1080p videos and also comes with a screen flash for low light scenarios. Shot refocus, a feature will allow users to adjust the bokeh post taking a shot while ultra HDR will allow the dual camera system to take three images of a shot, then superimpose them, to result in supposedly clearer photos with better contrast and saturation.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE