WhatsApp Web | How To Use WhatsApp On Your PC
One best messaging client app, WhatsApp, which offers many new features and grow very well, it has a web-based client and supports for all mobile platforms. WhatsApp said in their official blog, “our web client is simply an extension of your phone: the web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device -this means all of your messages still live on your phone.”
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH WHATSAPP WEB
- To type, use your keyboard.
- You can view contact info, and start a new conversation with any contacts or also search for existing conversation.
- You can access media like videos, audio, photos in-line and also download any media directly to your PC if you want.
- It offers you to talk in group chats and view group info.
- Here you record audio, share photos, or you can use your webcam.
- You can also connect your phone with multiple computers to and save them for the future. You can also remotely disconnect any browser from your phone. You may mute desktop alerts and sounds or also can get desktop alerts and sounds if you want it.
WHAT YOU CAN’T DO WITH WHATSAPP WEB
- Here you can not start a new group chat or leave an existing group chat from the web interface. And can’t block users directly through the web interface.
- You can not change your profile picture or profile status and it also not possible to share contacts or maps via the web interface.
- It is not possible to use two browsers at the same time. While you can add multiple browsers/PCs to your phone, you can only use one at a time. Here Emojis are not mapped to your keyboard for this reason you will need to manually add them using the emoji keyboard available in the web interface.
IS IT SECURE? IS IT WORTH IT?
The new WhatsApp Web uses the same technology, end-to-end encryption and it is dependent on your phone for all message transfers. Last year, WhatsApp rolled out end-to-end encryption for all its messages. Though it is not dependable security, it is good enough because, you can always check which browser is connected to your phone at any moment, and you also remotely disable any browser.
HOW TO USE WHATSAPP WEB AND WHAT YOU NEED
WhatsApp Web has some restrictions on it works. It is so simple to use WhatsApp Web, we explained here:
- WhatsApp Web works a phone which runs on Android, BlackBerry, Nokia S60 or Windows Phone and WhatsApp Web won’t work with iPhones, according to The Verge, it won’t work with iPhones because it restricts background multitasking and pushes notifications.
- The WhatsApp Web works on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, but it only supports the Chrome web browser. It also works with other browsers based on Chrome, for example, Opera, which is faster and simpler as Chrome.
- To get WhatsApp Web you must need to update WhatsApp from your smartphone app store or install the latest version and make sure that your phone must be connected with the Internet at all times.
When above all these things are done by you then look at setting up WhatsApp Web. The process is very simple and that mentioned here, follow this:
- At first, open Google Chrome and then go to http://web.whatsapp.com.
- After that to start the QR code reader, click on Menu>WhatsApp Web, on your WhatsApp mobile app.
- Then, point your phone’s camera to the QR code on your PC screen, when WhatsApp reads the QR code, it will sync with your phone and finally, you will ready to get WhatsApp Web.
SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE