Xiaomi Redmi 6A Review Is It The Best budget smartphone?
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Review
The Chinese company, Xiaomi gave us so many smartphones in a pocket-friendly budget. In India, the company became a most popular smartphone maker and also known as one of the top-selling brands. After Xiaomi Redmi 5A the company launched it’s Redmi 6A on June 2018. The Xiaomi Redmi 6A had come with so many improvements. If we make a comparison between previous Xiaomi Redmi 5A with Xiaomi Redmi 6A then we get that the Xiaomi Redmi 6A is more updated smartphone than Xiaomi Redmi 5A, and it is Xiaomi’s latest budget offering smartphone.
The Xiaomi Redmi 6A Price (in India) And Specifications
A. PRICE OF Xiaomi Redmi 6A (IN INDIA):
The Xiaomi Redmi 6A 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage variant priced at Rs. 6,599, in India. The Redmi 6A 3GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage variant priced at Rs. 7,499, in India.
B. SPECIFICATIONS OF Redmi 6A:
- DISPLAY: The Xiaomi Redmi 6A has the 5.45-inch HD+ display with 1440 x 720 pixels resolution with ~295 PPI density and 18:9 ratio. The phone weighs 145g and its dimensions are 147.5 x 71.5 x 8.3 mm. It is a touchscreen (IPS LCD capacitive) smartphone that supports 16M colors.
- PROCESSOR AND STORAGE: The phone comes with the MediaTek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm) processor. The Xiaomi Redmi 6A and Xiaomi Redmi 6 are the first phones from Xiaomi which get the MediaTek processor. The Xiaomi Redmi 6A has PowerVR GE8320 GPU and its CPU is Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53. The phone comes in two variant one is, 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage and other is, 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. The storage option is expandable up to 256GB via a dedicated microSD card.
- COLOR OPTIONS AND BATTERY: The Xiaomi Redmi 6A comes in many color options like Blue, Gold, Rose Gold, and Grey. The phone is powered by a Non-removable Li-lon 3000 mAh battery.
- SOFTWARE AND SENSORS: The Xiaomi Redmi 6A runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) operating system. The proximity, compass, and Accelerometer sensors you must get in Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
- CAMERA: The phone sports a 13MP (f/2.2, PDAF) main camera, that supports HDR, LED Flash, and panorama. It record video at 1080p @ 30fps. In front, the phone also has a 5MP (f/2.2) selfie camera.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A REVIEW
C. WHAT IS GOOD IN IT?
The Xiaomi Redmi 6A have the polycarbonate built, it is very easy to handle and strong enough for handling accidental drops. It is one of the first smartphones which is powered by MediaTek new Helio A22 processor, the good thing is this processor runs very smoothly even when it does difficult tasks.
In Redmi 6A when you play heavy games, for example, PUBG Mobile, Asphalt 8, then maybe you notice frame drops and lag, but when it comes into light games, for example, Subway Surfer, Shadow Fight 2 the phone will very gentle.
Some test reports the phone heat up a bit during charging, and on a complete charge it lasts up a full day with average usage like checking emails, making and receiving calls, using social media etc. It takes around 2hours 45 minutes to fully charged the phone.
Another good part of the phone is it’s camera features. Its camera produces sharp, good detailed and vibrant colored images. The phone takes decent daylight selfies, where the colors are not accurate but pictures are focused and sharp enough.
D. WHAT IS NOT GOOD IN IT?
The display of Redmi 6A in outside does not work as good as when it is working in indoors. In outside the display is a bit difficult to read, sometimes to use it a covering is also needed, the brightness notched up to its maximum.
In this device a poor thing is, for new users who have not used a Xiaomi smartphone before, due to multiple customizations and absence of an app drawer, for them, MIUI takes a bit of time to get used.
The phone has tons of bloatware, and most of them you cannot uninstall, but through the help of a launcher app like, POCO launcher, Nova launcher you can overcome this matter. The auto brightness feature is known not as accurate as our expectations, you can adjust the brightness manually for the perfect lighting set-up.
SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE